Engineering students may study abroad in their sophomore year, junior year, the first semester of senior year, or during the summer. Because of the academic requirements, it is suggested that the planning process for study abroad should begin early—even as soon as their first year.
- Check out the Hopkins Semester and Year Programs with partnering universities in Israel, Mumbai, Singapore, and Switzerland. Stop by the Office of Study Abroad at Levering 04B for more information.
- Apply for the Vredenburg Travel Fund, which provides financial support to allow outstanding engineering students at Johns Hopkins to apply their engineering, technology, and applied science skills and training in an international setting.
- Visit the Life Design Lab in Garland Hall, 3rd floor, to find out about internship opportunities abroad.
- Join the Johns Hopkins student chapter of Engineers Without Borders. Whether bringing novel irrigation systems to remote South African villages or building a community daycare center for a small, rural town in Ecuador, Hopkins engineers are making the world a better place.
- Check with your department to see what special opportunities abroad exist for your major.