Welcome to Johns Hopkins! The Office of Undergraduate Affairs/Engineering Advising is here to ensure that you have access to the support, resources, and information you need to make the most of your academic career.
The information below will help you to get your transfer credits evaluated and register for your first-semester classes. Please review the information and follow the directions carefully.
- Check your JHU email daily. Your Hopkins email is the primary source of communication from the university.
- Complete the Transfer Student Credit Evaluation Request Form. The goal is to provide a transfer credit evaluation and faculty advisor assignment at least one week prior to transfer students’ registration date. It is imperative that students send the necessary information so that credit evaluation can be conducted in a timely fashion. If you have taken writing courses at your previous institution and would like to have them evaluated for possible Writing Intensive credits, please complete the Undergraduate Writing Intensive Evaluation Request Form. Note: Writing Intensive Evaluation will occur in the fall semester, after you have arrived on campus.
- Exam credits do not transfer from one institution to another. Therefore, if you have/are expecting AP/IB credits, make sure to send your official score reports to JHU. If you are expecting GCE credits, please bring your original certificate with you when you arrive on campus.
- Complete the Advising Profile (will be open on May 28, 2019) on Blackboard organization site called Fall 2019 Transfer Students. This is a questionnaire about your previous college experiences.
- Review your degree requirements.
- After you have received your preliminary credit evaluation, contact your faculty advisor immediately to discuss your fall schedule.
- Prepare for registration:
- Explore Semester.ly. This is a comprehensive scheduling planning tool and it is used to find classes that fit your schedule, provide access to course evaluations and ratings, textbooks, and much more.
- Load your courses to My Cart in SIS.
- Make sure that you do not have any registration alerts/holds that will prevent you from registering on time.
- Register for classes. Remember, Hopkins students have already registered for the fall semester in April. Therefore, you may have to waitlist for some classes. Please do not contact the instructor to get into the course. Follow the waitlist policy.