All students are assigned engineering faculty advisors in their majors who:
- Help the students select courses
- Provide information on academic programs available to students
- Serve as a resource to the many opportunities available to students at Hopkins
- Approve all course selections and schedule changes
Students are encouraged to meet with their advisors to discuss their progress. Mandatory advising meetings take place in November and April in order to choose classes for the upcoming semester. Advisors generally post office hours when they expect to be available—other times can be arranged by appointment. Remember: Getting in touch with your faculty advisor is your responsibility. You should attend all meetings prepared.
What to do:
- Review the advising manual for your major and update your checklist.
- Bring your proposed schedule.
- Have a list of specific questions.
What NOT to do:
- Wait until the last day to try to contact your advisor.
- Expect your advisor to plan your schedule for you.