Questions about the academic program?
Required Courses and Sample Plans of Study
These program-specific sample Plans of Study are a reference tool for students to get an idea of what their full four years of coursework could look like across their undergraduate program.
Sample Plans of Study and Required Courses for students entering Fall 2022
- Required Courses for the ChemBE Undergraduate Degree Fall 2022
- Example Program entering Fall 2022
- I/N Example Program entering 2022
- MCB Example Program entering 2022
- 12-AP Credits Example Program entering 2022
- Freshman Orientation Video – Fall 2020
Class Meeting Information
Requirement Waiver and Exception Forms
The procedure for obtaining an exception to any ChemBE requirement is as follows:
First, the student must meet with their faculty advisor to discuss the circumstances leading to the exception request. If your advisor agrees that an exception may be warranted, the student and advisor will fill out a WSE Undergraduate Substitution-Exception-Waiver (SEW) Form and email it to the Director of Undergraduate Studies with their faculty advisor and the Academic Program Coordinator CC’d. The Director of Undergraduate Studies will then evaluate the request and reply to the student’s email to either approve the request or explain why the request cannot be approved. If approved, the Academic Program Coordinator will update the student’s file in the Degree Audit System to reflect this exception and respond via email to verify this change has been processed.
What type of research you are conducting, and under which faculty member, will determine what research course you should register for:
- EN.540.511 – ChemBE Undergraduate Research: UG Research conducted within ChemBE. Students sign up for the section instructed by the PI they are doing research under.
- EN.540.501 – Interdepartmental Undergraduate Research: Research conducted by ChemBE students outside of the School of Engineering. Students sign up for the section instructed by their Faculty Advisor.
Click here for a list of each faculty members research section number.
Students doing research outside of the Engineering School (at the School of Medicine, Krieger School, etc.) may be allowed to use their research credits as engineering elective credits.
Complete the Research Credits Outside of WSE form in your junior year to apply for these credits.