Please visit our Graduate Admissions Information page for information about available graduate degrees and the application process.
Electrical and Computer Engineering is a research-centered department that understands the industry demands for a broad skill set and innovative research and design. Courses are not strictly textbook based. Faculty in the department know the subjects taught and research intimately and are deeply involved. They often craft their courses to reflect the latest available knowledge and techniques, which ensures students are adequately equipped to face a changing field.
We offer a comprehensive and flexible Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) degree program that includes courses from several areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering. In addition, we offer the following specialized MSE focus areas:
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Computational and Biomorphic Systems
- Computational Systems Biology and Bioinformatics
- Computer & Neuromorphic Engineering
- Control Systems
- Language and Speech Processing
- Image Processing and Analysis
- Integrated Circuits and Microsystems
- Photonics and Optoelectronics
- Signal Processing & Machine Learning
We also have a new option called the Human Language Technology Masters-Level Concentration.
Regardless of which option you choose, an advanced degree from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Johns Hopkins University will significantly enhance your career possibilities. Our graduates are always in high demand. The requirements for the MSE degree can be found in the online university catalog.