Nominees must be employed in the Whiting School for a minimum of one year (except for the Rookie Award), be in good standing at the university, and have a satisfactory job performance.
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement or innovation and contribute to their departmental/center/institute, WSE, or JHU, beyond the scope of their position.
- Contribute to exceptional productivity or major process improvements.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members of the university community.
- Motivate and inspire the people around them.
- Show outstanding leadership, professionalism, and/or initiative.
- Rookie of the Year (employed between 01/01/2019 and 12/31/2019, one award)
- Excellence Awards (three awards)
- Virtual Innovator Award (this new award will be given this year to the staff member who was outstanding in our transition to a virtual workspace)
- Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, June 18, 2020.
- Nominations should be submitted using this form.
- Each nomination must consist of a nominator’s letter addressing the above criteria and a brief video message from the nominator that can be recorded here.
- The video message should state why the nominee deserves this award or why they are a great asset to WSE.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Selection Committee, consisting of staff from WSE departments and areas and at least one member who is external to the School. WSE Human Resources will oversee the process, but will not contribute to the committee’s decisions.
Recipients will receive a $500 award, certificate, and gift at the Staff Recognition Virtual Program.
Award winners from 2017, 2018, and 2019 are not eligible for nomination in 2020. Excluded staff include:
- Rookie of the Year: Chloe Bean
- Virtual Innovator: Emily Myrick
- Excellence: Rich Middlestadt
- Excellence: Beth Rannie
- Excellence: Andrew Proulx
- Rookie of the Year: Kelly Culotta, Senior Academic Program Coordinator, CS
- Excellence: Kristin Bechtel, Senior Academic Program Coordinator, AMS
- Excellence: Michael Lester, Grants and Contracts Analyst, EHE
- Excellence: Margo Williams, Instructional Designer, EP
- Rookie of the Year: Dana Walter-Shock, Sr. Academic Program Coordinator, ECE
- Excellence: Thomas Benassi, Laboratory Manager, MechE
- Excellence: Alecia Flynn, Academic Program Coordinator, ICM
- Excellence: Cynthia Larichiuta, Program Coordinator, Machine Shop
- Rookie of the Year: Shawna O’Brien, Administrative Coordinator, MechE
- Excellence: Elizabeth Bieluczyk, Senior Administrative Coordinator, HEMI
- Excellence: Cathy Jancuk, Undergraduate Program Manager, BME
- Excellence: Javonnia Thomas, Senior Financial Analyst, CS