Nominees must be employed in the Whiting School for a minimum of one year (except for the Rookie Award), be in good standing at the university, and have a satisfactory job performance.
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement or innovation and contribute to their departmental/center/institute, WSE, or JHU, beyond the scope of their position.
- Contribute to exceptional productivity or major process improvements.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members of the university community.
- Motivate and inspire the people around them.
- Show outstanding leadership, professionalism, and/or initiative.
- Rookie of the Year (employed between 01/01/2020 and 12/31/2020, one award)
- Excellence Awards (three awards)
- Virtual Innovator Award (this award will be given to the staff member who was outstanding in our transition to a virtual workspace)
- Leadership Award (this award will be given to a manager or supervisor who exhibits strong leadership qualities, encourages professional development, and creates a culture of excellence on their team)
- More information about the nomination process for the 2021 WSE Staff Recognition Awards will be available soon.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Selection Committee, consisting of staff from WSE departments and areas and at least one member who is external to the School. WSE Human Resources will oversee the process, but will not contribute to the committee’s decisions.
Award winners from 2018, 2019, and 2020 are not eligible for nomination in 2021. Excluded staff include:
- Rookie of the Year: Chloe Bean, Grants & Contracts Analyst, ChemBE
- Virtual Innovator: Emily Myrick, Sr. Academic Program Coordinator, CLE
- Excellence: Rich Middlestadt, Director of WSE Manufacturing, EBO
- Excellence: Beth Rannie, Sr. Grants & Contracts Analyst, ChemBE
- Excellence: Andrew Proulx, Sr. Grants & Contracts Analyst, HEMI
- Rookie of the Year: Kelly Culotta, Senior Academic Program Coordinator, CS
- Excellence: Kristin Bechtel, Senior Academic Program Coordinator, AMS
- Excellence: Michael Lester, Grants and Contracts Analyst, EHE
- Excellence: Margo Williams, Instructional Designer, EP
- Rookie of the Year: Dana Walter-Shock, Sr. Academic Program Coordinator, ECE
- Excellence: Thomas Benassi, Laboratory Manager, MechE
- Excellence: Alecia Flynn, Academic Program Coordinator, ICM
- Excellence: Cynthia Larichiuta, Program Coordinator, Machine Shop