External activities, with the exception of those reported in FOLIO, should be entered into eDisclose on a real-time basis. Disclosures will be reviewed for Conflict of Interest and/or Commitment and a management plan will be designated, if necessary. Faculty will be required to certify on an annual basis that their disclosures are up to date.
The following must be entered into eDisclose:
You must disclose the following types of external activities provided to ANY entity, over the previous 12 months and upcoming 12 months, whether non-profit or for-profit, if related to your institutional responsibilities (including, but not limited to, research, teaching, clinical/practice, and administrative responsibilities):
- Publishing/editing/authoring (only if remuneration is anticipated)
- Clinical care/practice
- Board of Directors
- Inventor of licensed technology
- Receipt of income from licenses, whether equity, royalty, or other
- Entitlement to equity and/or royalty
- Service on advisory committees or boards and review panels (Exceptions: these services when provided to a U.S. state, federal or local government agency, teaching hospital, medical center or U.S. institution of higher education or related research institute)
- Teaching, speaking, seminars, lectures (Exceptions: when provided to Johns Hopkins or sponsored by a U.S. state, federal or local government agency, teaching hospital, medical center or U.S. institution of higher education or related research institute)
You must also disclose any of the above outside activities or financial interests of your spouse, domestic partner and/or minor dependents if it could be considered to be or appear to be related to your institutional responsibilities.
If you are an investigator who participates in PHS funded projects, you must disclose each occurrence of reimbursed or sponsored travel related to your institutional responsibilities if the value of the reimbursed or sponsored travel occurring during the 12 months prior to the disclosure, when aggregated for a particular entity, is $5,000 or more. (Exceptions to this requirement include travel that is reimbursed or sponsored by the grantee institution (e.g., JHU), a US federal, state or local government agency, an institution of higher education, an academic teaching hospital, a medical center, or a research institute that is affiliated with an institution of higher education)
If you do not participate in any of the above reportable external activities, you will only need to go into eDisclose on an annual basis to certify that you do not participate in any of these activities. You will be prompted via email when it is time to complete the annual certification.