Welcome to the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering! We are excited that you have joined our team and we look forward to the contributions you will make to the school’s success.
You now are part of an exceptional community encompassing not only the Whiting School, but also the larger Johns Hopkins University community of talented and dedicated students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
The Whiting School is a world-renowned leader in engineering education, research, and translation, and the work taking place in our classrooms, labs, maker spaces, and offices is making a significant and positive impact on the world.
Throughout our history, our focus on advancing knowledge to address press-ing societal needs has enabled a creative and collaborative culture that values and fosters partnerships across engineering disciplines and with university divisions. Today, while we are world leaders in areas ranging from biomedical engineering, data science, and robotics to human language technology and in-formation security, we also are recognized for our leadership in pre-K–12 STEM education and in master’s education for professional engineers.
Our ability to attract the most driven, qualified, and committed students, faculty, and staff is fueled in large part by our commitment to being a welcoming and inclusive community, where diversity and creativity are sought and valued.We are thrilled that you have chosen to join us and to be part of our thriving community.
Benjamin T. Rome Dean
Information for All New Employees
New to the Whiting School or in a new role? The documents below provide important information about the school and your new role.
- WSE Onboarding Manual and Checklist (Revised: November 11, 2019)
- Administrative Manager Onboarding Overview and Checklist (Revised: July 25, 2019)
- Administrative Coordinator Onboarding Checklist (Revised: July 25, 2019)
- Academic Staff Onboarding Checklist (Revised: July 25, 2019)
- Budget Specialist Onboarding Overview and Checklist (Revised: July 25, 2019)
- Grants and Contracts Onboarding Overview and Checklist (Revised: July 25, 2019)
- Laboratory Staff Onboarding Overview and Checklist (Revised: February 23, 2021)