The advisor-student relationship is a cornerstone of undergraduate and graduate engineering education. In the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, we ensure that our students receive the guidance and support they need to achieve their academic and professional goals. Don’t forget to look at our Undergraduate Advising section, and our MSE Graduate Advising Manual or PhD Graduate Advising Manual.
Early during your time with the ECE department, you will be closely matched with an advisor based off mutual research interests. The advisor’s primary goal is to enhance your development as a student, researcher, and later, an industry leader. The advisor will serve as a mentor who knows you well, cares about your academic interests, can help you define your career goals, and is committed to your success at Johns Hopkins and beyond.
All tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible to become advisors for undergraduate and graduate students.
To view faculty office hours for the Fall 2023 semester click here
Advising Forms and Resources
- For the following ECE forms and more, please go to our OneDrive HERE.
- MSE Graduate Advising Manual 2023-2024
- MSE Checklist 2022
- Graduate Course Change Form
- Interdivisional Registration Form
- Mentorship Commitments of Faculty Advisors and PhD Students
- PhD Graduate Advising Manual 2023-2024.