Why apply for the combined bachelor’s/master’s program?
- Save time. Students can count two courses (400-level or higher) toward fulfillment of both the BS and MS program requirements faster.
- Save money. Receive a discount for attending JHU for your master’s instead of paying full-price for two years of graduate school elsewhere.
- Jumpstart your career. Enter the workforce, gain experience, and start earning money sooner.
Undergraduates must apply no later than the end of the first semester of their senior year.
What you need to know:
- Earn your bachelor’s along with either a Master of Science in Materials Science and Engineering or a Master of Science in Engineering Management
- The application process is the same for the traditional MS degree program.
- GRE scores are not required.
- The degree requirements for a concurrent degree are the same as those for the traditional program (MS or MSEM)
- On the MSEM degree path, you may double count two courses: one materials science course and one business/management course. (This is also available to recent JHU graduates even if you did not enroll in the concurrent program prior to graduation.)
- Get more information on combined degrees from the Whiting School of Engineering.
To apply to the Combined Bachelor’s/Master’s program, please follow the instructions on our applications page for graduate admissions.
Have more questions?
Contact the Academic Program Coordinator, Jeanine Majewski.