To meet the requirements for the BA degree, the program must include:
- Thirty (30) credits of ECE courses. Three credits of computer science courses may be counted towards this requirement.
- Twenty (20) credits of mathematics or mathematical statistics courses. Typically, these include Calculus I (110.108), Calculus II (110.109) and Calculus III (110.202), or equivalent, and Linear Algebra (110.201). Elementary or pre-calculus courses, such as 110.105 or 550.111-112, are not acceptable.
- Eighteen (18) credits of humanities and social sciences courses, including Practical Ethics for Future Leaders (660.400) (2 cr.), and Engineering Solutions in a Global, Economic, Environmental, and Societal Context (520.404) (1 cr.).
- Four (4) writing intensive (W) courses.
- Additional credits giving a total of at least one hundred twenty (120) credits.
Students should be aware that the B.A. degree program is not accredited by ABET.