Before applying to the Doctor of Engineering program at Johns Hopkins University, please review the following requirements.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Significant professional experience
- Applicants should have developed a strong work ethic, problem solving skills, organization skills, and communication skills from their work experience. Three years or more of work experience is recommended but not required.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and master’s degree programs
- Resume of applicant
- Statement of purpose
- A research proposal (please see our guidelines for the preparation of your proposal)
- Names of potential Whiting School of Engineering advisors
- Letter of support (indicating full financial support as well) from the selected (non-JHU) co-advisor/employer
- Co-advisor’s resume or CV
- Two additional letters of recommendation
To be accepted into the DEng program, applicants must receive approval from their primary advisor at the Whiting School of Engineering and the Doctor of Engineering Oversight Committee.
For full consideration, please apply by the following dates:
Click Here to Apply
- Summer: January 1
- Spring: July 1