Johns Hopkins University’s Doctor of Engineering program provides professional engineers with the advanced technical expertise they need to succeed in industry and the public sector by emphasizing creative problem solving and the innovative application of technical knowledge.
- The DEng program is a doctoral-level graduate degree program designed for working engineers and scientists.
- It is a full-time program that is pursued non-residentially.
- The program takes the form of a research collaboration between a student’s employer and the Whiting School of Engineering. Students are actively mentored by a primary advisor in the Whiting School as well as a co-advisor at their place of employment.
- Students customize their program to meet their professional goals, and immediately contribute to their current job responsibilities.
- DEng graduates are more knowledgeable, innovative, and creative problem solvers, and are better prepared for technical leadership roles in industry and the public sector.
To learn more, please review the admission requirements or contact our office.