International Students

The Doctor of Engineering program is non-residential and is open to U.S. Citizens, legal permanent residents of the U.S., and non-citizens. Participation from outside the United States is contingent upon export control and sanction regulatory approvals.

Visa Sponsorship Information

This program does not currently qualify for F-1 or J-1 sponsorship.

Important: Use of a visitor visa or its equivalent (such as the ESTA visa waiver program) to enter the United States for any length of degree study is a violation of immigration law. Sanctions can include denial of entry to the United States or other penalties. It is important that students communicate with the Office of International Services at Johns Hopkins University and respond timely to any OIS message to follow proper visa and immigration processes and avoid difficulties.

Back to top