- financial mathematics
- equity derivative trading and risk management
- number theory
- Ph.D. 2015, Rutgers University
- Bachelor of Science 1992, Princeton University
- 2020 - Present: Lecturer, WSE Engineering for Professionals (EP)
- 1992 - 2007: Managing Director (Equity Derivatives Trading and Chief Risk Officer for the Equities Division), Equity Derivatives and Chief Risk Officer, Equities Division
- Miller JC (2015). Class numbers in cyclotomic Zp-extensions. Journal of Number Theory. 150(May 2015). 47-73.
- Miller JC (2015). Real cyclotomic fields of prime conductor and their class numbers. Mathematics of Computation. 84. 2459-2469.
- Miller JC (2014). Class numbers of totally real fields and applications to the Weber class number problem. Acta Arithmetica. 164(4). 381-397.
- Miller JC (2014). Class numbers of real cyclotomic fields of composite conductor. LMS Journal of Computation and Mathematics. 17(Special Issue A). 404-417.