Jim Fill invited to become a fellow of the American Mathematical Society in 2015
Please join us in congratulating Professor Jim Fill for being invited to be a fellow of the American Mathematical Society for their 2015 class.
The Fellows of the American Mathematical Society program recognizes members who have made outstanding contributions to the creation, exposition, advancement, communication, and utilization of mathematics.
The goals of the Fellows program are:
- To create an enlarged class of mathematicians recognized by their peers as distinguished for their contributions to the profession.
- To honor not only the extraordinary but also the excellent.
- To lift the morale of the profession by providing an honor more accessible than those currently available.
- To make mathematicians more competitive for awards, promotion, and honors when they are being compared with colleagues from other disciplines.
- To support the advancement of more mathematicians in leadership positions in their own institutions and in the broader society.
Learn more about the AMS Fellows:: http://www.ams.org/profession/ams-fellows/ams-fellows