Sexual Assault and Awareness

Sexual Misconduct

If you have been sexually assaulted, please visit the JHU Sexual Misconduct Site.

We encourage you to reach out for support and medical care. The Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) is able to assist you if you would like to file a report with JHU and/or local law enforcement. OIE will provide you with all the information you need to make the best decisions for you.

Johns Hopkins University is committed to promoting a safe and supportive environment for each member of our community. If you have been sexually assaulted or a victim of sexual violence, we urge you to reach out to a counselor for emotional support and get medical care. We also stand ready to assist you with a complaint through JHU and/or local law enforcement. 

JHU has systems in place for students to safely come forward and report sexual assault on each of its campuses. JHU’s Office of Institutional Equity (OIE), student affairs and security work together to provide a safe and supportive environment for assisting students who report sexual assault. 

Students are encouraged to report sexual assault to security, student affairs and/or OIE. These three offices work in partnership to conduct investigations of sexual violence complaints filed by students, staff, and faculty. All three of these offices are committed to handling reports of sexual assault with discretion, minimizing the individuals who need to be involved in responding to a report and to the greatest extent possible providing consideration of the wishes of the complaining party with respect to confidentiality and how they wish to have a complaint handled. 

Visit the JHU Sexual Misconduct website for policies, support, resources, and additional information.