Skip to main content

Combined/Concurrent Degree Student

How to Apply as a Concurrent/Combined Student (Approved Combined Programs Only)


  1. You must contact the department you are interested in to begin the process for combined/concurrent graduate degree.
  2. Obtain your unofficial JHU transcripts: Go to, enter your JHED ID and password, go to Registration/My Grades and click on View Unofficial Transcript.
  3. Obtain the email addresses from your recommenders (if applicable).
  4. Prepare your statement of purpose (if applicable).
  5. Have your GRE scores sent through ETS using code (if applicable). Note – scores may not be older than 5 years.
  6. Begin the online application by creating an account. Select the Combined Graduate Student option.
  7. Upload all documents.
  8. Select Submit. (Application fee is automatically waived).


For information regarding the policies for Combined/Concurrent Degree Students, please visit the Graduate Affairs website.

Back to top