Som Biomedical Engineering
Som Biomedical Engineering
- 2017 - Present: ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (NE), SOM Neurology
- 2016 - Present: Associate Professor, SOM Neuroscience
- 2013 - 2017: JOINT/SECONDARY FACULTY, SOM Neuroscience
- 2003 - 2015: Assistant Professor, SOM Neuroscience
- (2018). Analysis of an Attractor Neural Network’s Response to Conflicting External Inputs. Journal of Mathematical Neuroscience. 8(1).
- (2018). Fitting of dynamic recurrent neural network models to sensory stimulus-response data. Journal of Biological Physics.
- Huang W, Zhang K (2018). Information-theoretic bounds and approximations in neural population coding. Neural Computation. 30(4).
- Huang W, Huang X, Zhang K (2017). Information-theoretic interpretation of tuning curves for multiple motion directions. 2017 51st Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, CISS 2017.
- Huang W, Liu K, Zhang K (2017). Unsupervised learning via maximizing mutual information in neural population coding. AAAI Spring Symposium - Technical Report. SS-17-01 - SS-17-08.
- Hedrick KR, Zhang K (2016). Megamap: Flexible representation of a large space embedded with nonspatial information by a hippocampal attractor network. Journal of Neurophysiology. 116(2).
- Liu CH, Coleman JE, Davoudi H, Zhang K, Hussaina Shuler MG (2015). Selective Activation of a Putative Reinforcement Signal Conditions Cued Interval Timing in Primary Visual Cortex. Current Biology. 25(12).
- Zhang K (2014). How to compress sequential memory patterns into periodic oscillations: General reduction rules. Neural Computation. 26(8).
- DiMattina C, Zhang K (2013). Adaptive stimulus optimization for sensory systems neuroscience. Frontiers in Neural Circuits. (JUNE).
- Knierim JJ, Zhang K (2012). Attractor dynamics of spatially correlated neural activity in the limbic system. Annual Review of Neuroscience. 35.
- Issa JB, Zhang K (2012). Universal conditions for exact path integration in neural systems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 109(17).
- Welday AC, Shlifer IG, Bloom ML, Zhang K, Blair HT (2011). Cosine directional tuning of theta cell burst frequencies: Evidence for spatial coding by oscillatory interference. Journal of Neuroscience. 31(45).
- Monaco JD, Knierim JJ, Zhang K (2011). Sensory feedback, error correction, and remapping in a multiple oscillator model of place-cell activity. Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience. 5.
- Kulkarni M, Zhang K, Kirkwood A (2011). Single-cell persistent activity in anterodorsal thalamus. Neuroscience Letters. 498(3).
- Carlson ET, Rasquinha RJ, Zhang K, Connor CE (2011). A sparse object coding scheme in area V4. Current Biology. 21(4).
- Mydlarz WK, Zhang K, Micchelli ST, Kim M, Tufano RP (2010). Ipsilateral double parathyroid adenoma and thyroid hemiagenesis. ORL. 72(5).
- DiMattina C, Zhang K (2010). How to modify a neural network gradually without changing its input-output functionality. Neural Computation. 22(1).
- Blair HT, Gupta K, Zhang K (2008). Conversion of a phase- to a rate-coded position signal by a three-stage model of theta cells, grid cells, and place cells. Hippocampus. 18(12).
- DiMattina C, Zhang K (2008). How optimal stimuli for sensory neurons are constrained by network architecture. Neural Computation. 20(3).
- Blair HT, Welday AC, Zhang K (2007). Scale-invariant memory representations emerge from moiré interference between grid fields that produce theta oscillations: A computational model. Journal of Neuroscience. 27(12).
- Zhang K, Sejnowski TJ (2001). Accuracy and learning in neuronal populations. Progress in Brain Research. 130.
- Zhang K, Sejnowski TJ (2000). A universal scaling law between gray matter and white matter of cerebral cortex. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 97(10).
- Zhang K, Sejnowski TJ (1999). A theory of geometric constraints on neural activity for natural three- dimensional movement. Journal of Neuroscience. 19(8).
- Zhang K, Sejnowski TJ (1999). Neuronal tuning: To sharpen or broaden?. Neural Computation. 11(1).
- Pouget A, Zhang K, Deneve S, Latham PE (1998). Statistically Efficient Estimation Using Population Coding. Neural Computation. 10(2).
- Zhang K, Ginzburg I, McNaughton BL, Sejnowski TJ (1998). Interpreting neuronal population activity by reconstruction: Unified framework with application to hippocampal place cells. Journal of Neurophysiology. 79(2).
- Zhang K, Ganis G, Sereno MI (1997). Anti-Hebbian synapses as a linear equation solver. IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks - Conference Proceedings. 1.
- Pouget A, Zhang K (1997). Statistically efficient estimation using cortical lateral connection. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems.
- Zhang K (1996). Representation of spatial orientation by the intrinsic dynamics of the head-direction cell ensemble: A theory. Journal of Neuroscience. 16(6).