Latrobe Hall Rm 221
Latrobe Hall Rm 221
- Ph.D. 2014, UNIV TEXAS AUSTIN*
- 2014 - 2015: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Characterization data
- Experimental data
- Mechanical properties of programmed nanostructures made of self-assembling DNA strands
- Nonlinear mechanics of architected materials
- Physics-based modeling
- 2016: IUTAM Bureau Prize in Solid Mechanics
- 2013: “Highly Commended”, Graduate Student Paper Competition
- 2013: Hellenic Professional Society of Texas Scholarship
- 2012: Travel Award
- 2012: 3rd place award in Best Student Paper contest
- 2012: Max L. Williams Endowed Graduate Fellowship
- 2012: Professional Development Award,
- 2012: University Preemptive Fellowship
- "The compressive response of open-cell polydisperse foams", International Mechanical Engineering Conference & Exposition. Phoenix, AZ. November 14, 2016
- "Crushing and energy-absorption of polydisperse foams", Society of Engineering Science 53rd Annual Technical Meeting. College Park, MD. October 2, 2016
- "Mechanics of Architected Materials: From Foams to DNA Origami", Departmental Seminar. Baltimore, MD. September 1, 2016
- "The Effect of Polydispersity on the Crushing of Open-cell Random Foams", 24th International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. Montreal, Canada. August 20, 2016
- "Crushing of random foams of varying density and polydispersity", Mach Conference. Annapolis, MD. April 6, 2016
- "Design and Mechanics of Cellular Materials from Macro- to Nanoscale", Departmental Seminar. Baltimore, MD. April 1, 2015
- "Design and Mechanics of Cellular Materials from Macro- to Nanoscale", Departmental Seminar. Philadelphia, PA. February 1, 2015
- "Dynamic crushing and shock propagation in open-cell foams", 17th US National Congress on Theoretical & Applied Mechanics. East Lansing, Michigan. June 1, 2014
- "Impact and shock propagation in aluminum open-cell foams", International Mechanical Engineering Conference & Exposition. San Diego, CA. November 1, 2013
- "Shock propagation in aluminum open-cell foam under impact", Symposium on Materials and Interfaces under High Strain Rate and Large Deformation. Metz, France. July 1, 2013
- "Modeling of shock propagation in aluminum foam under impact", 50th Annual Summer Meeting. Providence, RI. July 1, 2013
- "On the crushing response of open cell random metallic foams", International Mechanical Engineering Conference & Exposition. Houston, TX. November 1, 2012
- "Crushing of open-cell random foams", 8th European Solid Mechanics Conference. Graz, Austria. July 9, 2012
- Gaitanaros, Stavros; Kyriakides, Stelios; Kraynik, Andrew M (2018). On the crushing of polydisperse foams. European Journal of Mechanics-A/Solids. 67. 243-253.
- Bayat, Alireza; Gaitanaros, Stavros (2018). Wave Directionality in Three-Dimensional Periodic Lattices. Journal of Applied Mechanics. 85(1). 011004.
- Wang, Pengfei; Gaitanaros, Stavros; Lee, Seungwoo; Bathe, Mark; Shih, William M; Ke, Yonggang (2016). Programming self-assembly of DNA origami honeycomb two-dimensional lattices and plasmonic metamaterials. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 138(24). 7733-7740.
- Gaitanaros S, Kyriakides S (2015). On the effect of relative density on the crushing and energy absorption of open-cell foams under impact. International Journal of Impact Engineering. 82. 3-13.
- Gaitanaros S, Kyriakides S (2014). Dynamic crushing of aluminum foams: Part II - Analysis. International Journal of Solids and Structures. 51(9). 1646-1661.
- Barnes, AT; Ravi-Chandar, K; Kyriakides, S; Gaitanaros, S (2014). Dynamic crushing of aluminum foams: Part I–Experiments. International Journal of Solids and Structures. 51(9). 1631-1645.
- Gaitanaros S, Kyriakides S, Kraynik A (2012). On the crushing response of random open-cell foams. International Journal of Solids and Structures. 49(19-20). 2733-2743.
- Gaitanaros, S; Karaiskos, G; Papadimitriou, C; Aravas, N (2010). A Bayesian methodology for crack identification in structures using strain measurements. International Journal of Reliability and Safety. 4(2-3). 206-237.
- Gaitanaros S, Karaiskos G, Papadimitriou C, Aravas N (2007). Crack identification in structures using optimal experimental design. Structural Health Monitoring 2007: Quantification, Validation, and Implementation - Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, IWSHM 2007. 1. 653-660.
- Gaitanaros, S; Karaiskos, G; Papadimitriou, C; Aravas, N (2007). Crack identification in structures using optimal experimental design. Proceedings of 6th international workshop on structural health monitoring.