Winning project teams—chosen from a record 222 proposals—include 120 individuals from across the university.
June 14, 2019
Johns Hopkins scientists help show link between genetic expression and molecular changes within body tissues
October 11, 2017
Largest study of its kind is another step closer to ‘realizing the goal of personal genomics,’ scientists say.
- Ph.D. 2013, Stanford
- Master of Science 2013, Stanford
- Bachelor of Science 2003, Stanford
- "RNA-Seq: Analysis Methods", GTEx Community Meeting. Boston, MA. June 17, 2014
- "Regulatory variation from RNA to protein", Biology of Genomes. CSHL. May 6, 2014
- Big Data in Biomedicine. Stanford University. May 1, 2014
- Kukurba KR, Parsana P, Balliu B, Smith KS, Zappala Z, Knowles DA, Favé MJ, Davis JR, Li X, Zhu X, Potash JB, Weissman MM, Shi J, Kundaje A, Levinson DF, Awadalla P, Mostafavi S, Battle A, Montgomery SB (2016). Impact of the X chromosome and sex on regulatory variation. Genome Research. 26(6). 768-777.
- Holm A, Lin L, Faraco J, Mostafavi S, Battle A, Zhu X, Levinson DF, Han F, Gammeltoft S, Jennum P, others (2015). EIF3G is associated with narcolepsy across ethnicities. European Journal of Human Genetics.
- Nance T, Smith K, Anaya V, Richardson R, Ho L, Pala M, Mostafavi S, Battle A, Feghali-Bostwick C, Rosen G, others (2014). Transcriptome analysis reveals differential splicing events in IPF lung tissue.. PloS one. 9(5). e97550-e97550.
- Cho H, Davis J, Li X, Smith KS, Battle A, Montgomery SB (2014). High-resolution transcriptome analysis with long-read RNA sequencing. PloS one. 9(9). e108095.
- Mostafavi S, Battle A, Zhu X, Potash JB, Weissman MM, Shi J, Beckman K, Haudenschild C, Mccormick C, Mei R, Gameroff MJ, Gindes H, Adams P, Goes FS, Mondimore FM, Mackinnon DF, Notes L, Schweizer B, Furman D, Montgomery SB, Urban AE, Koller D, Levinson DF (2014). Type I interferon signaling genes in recurrent major depression: Increased expression detected by whole-blood RNA sequencing. Molecular Psychiatry. 19(12). 1267-1274.
- Battle A, Mostafavi S, Zhu X, Potash JB, Weissman MM, McCormick C, Haudenschild CD, Beckman KB, Shi J, Mei R, Urban AE, Montgomery SB, Levinson DF, Koller D (2014). Characterizing the genetic basis of transcriptome diversity through RNA-sequencing of 922 individuals. Genome Research. 24(1). 14-24.
- Battle A, Mostafavi S, Zhu X, Potash JB, Weissman MM, McCormick C, Haudenschild CD, Beckman KB, Shi J, Mei R, others (2014). Characterizing the genetic basis of transcriptome diversity through RNA-sequencing of 922 individuals. Genome research. 24(1). 14-24.
- Battle A, Montgomery S (2014). Determining causality and consequence of expression quantitative trait loci. Human genetics. 133(6). 727-735.
- Li X, Battle A, Karczewski KJ, Zappala Z, Knowles DA, Smith KS, Kukurba KR, Wu E, Simon N, Montgomery SB (2014). Transcriptome sequencing of a large human family identifies the impact of rare noncoding variants. The American Journal of Human Genetics. 95(3). 245-256.
- Battle A, Khan Z, Wang SH, Mitrano A, Ford MJ, Pritchard JK, Gilad Y (2014). Impact of regulatory variation from RNA to protein. Science. 1260793.
- Mostafavi S, Battle A, Zhu X, Potash J, Weissman M, Shi J, Beckman K, Haudenschild C, McCormick C, Mei R, others (2013). Type I interferon signaling genes in recurrent major depression: increased expression detected by whole-blood RNA sequencing. Molecular psychiatry.
- Mostafavi S, Battle A, Zhu X, Urban AE, Levinson D, Montgomery SB, Koller D (2013). Normalizing RNA-sequencing data by modeling hidden covariates with prior knowledge. PloS one. 8(7). e68141.
- Battle A, Jonikas MC, Walter P, Weissman JS, Koller D (2010). Automated identification of pathways from quantitative genetic interaction data. Molecular systems biology. 6(1).
- Battle A, Segal E, Koller D (2005). Probabilistic discovery of overlapping cellular processes and their regulation. Journal of Computational Biology. 12(7). 909-927.
- Segal E, Battle A, Koller D (2003). Decomposing gene expression into cellular processes. Proceedings of the Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing. 8. 89-100.
- Lemon O, Gruenstein A, Gullett R, Battle A, Hiatt L, Peters S (2003). Generation of collaborative spoken dialogue contributions in dynamic task environments. Proceedings of the AAAI Spring Symposium on Natural Language Generation in Spoken and Written Dialogue.
- Ahmad S, Battle A, Malkani Z, Kamvar S (2011). The jabberwocky programming environment for structured social computing. Proceedings of the 24th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology. 53-64.
- Raina R, Battle A, Lee H, Packer B, Ng AY (2007). Self-taught learning: transfer learning from unlabeled data. Proceedings of the 24th international conference on Machine learning. 759-766.
- Lee H, Battle A, Raina R, Ng AY (2006). Efficient sparse coding algorithms. Advances in neural information processing systems. 801-808.
- Lemon O, Gruenstein A, Battle A, Peters S (2002). Multi-tasking and collaborative activities in dialogue systems. Proceedings of the 3rd SIGdial workshop on Discourse and dialogue-Volume 2. 113-124.