2019 Student Poster Session on Diversity & Inclusion
Call for Posters
Prospective authors are invited to submit posters to be presented at the Johns Hopkins Diversity Awards Ceremony on May 15, 2019. Johns Hopkins undergraduate and graduate students from all Johns Hopkins institutions are eligible to submit proposals.
The poster abstract submission deadline is April 12, 2019. The poster committee expects to notify the authors on the acceptance of their submitted abstracts by April 26, 2019. The deadline for the full receipt of the final posters for accepted abstracts is May 10, 2019.
Posters may be on any diversity related topic that is associated with student life, academics, the Johns Hopkins organization, the surrounding communities, the city of Baltimore, or the state of Maryland.
- Anti-Muslim Sentiment in American Life and Politics
- Preparing Scholars to Dismantle Institutional Racism
- Racial and Religious Diversity
- Latinx Inclusion
- Gender Equity in STEM
- Bridging the Gender Gap in Higher Education
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Issues
- Community Engagement
- Immigrant Populations
Click Here to Submit a Poster Abstract
The poster committee will strive for quality, variety, innovation, and diversity in accepted posters. The list of members of the DLC 2019 Poster Committee will be announced on April 1, 2019.
Poster submissions should include an abstract. The maximum length of the poster abstract is 300 words.
Poster abstracts should be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on April 12, 2019 on the submission page. The poster committee will contact the authors after receiving their abstracts and arrange for the digital transfer of the full poster. The digital version of the final poster needs to be received by the DLC 2019 Poster Committee by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 10, 2019.
Submitted posters should be in Powerpoint file format (PPTX), formatted in portrait orientation in the aspect ratio of 2:3 (width:height). Accepted poster submissions will be printed in 24”x36” size by the DLC and displayed at the awards ceremony.
At least one author must be available to present the poster at the Diversity Awards Ceremony poster session. The DLC will present awards to authors of the most outstanding posters at the ceremony.
General questions about posters should be directed to the DLC 2019 Poster Committee, at email@example.com.
- April 1: Announcement of the members of the DLC 2019 Poster Committee
- April 12 at 11:59 p.m. EST: Poster abstract submission deadline
- April 26: Notification of authors on the acceptance of their abstract submission
- May 10 at 11:59 p.m. EST: Full poster submission deadline
- May 15: Presentation of posters at the Diversity Awards Ceremony