Jacob Suter Jammer Professor and previous Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Jin U. Kang, had a concept to bring both the undergraduates and graduates together in a specific space where they could actively collaborate and study to foster education and research. The student lounge in the department has served as the community space for students in the department since 2010.
The Student Lounge is for the enjoyment of students, faculty and staff. As a patron, you are expected to act in a manner respectful of the rights of others to comfortably use the Student Lounge.
As a patron, you have the right to the following:
- Use the student lounge without undue disturbance.
- Expect that others will respect personal belongings.
- Use the lounge in a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- Be free from fear of intimidation, physical, and emotional harm.
- Respect and consideration that other people’s opinions are given.
- Be independent. The right to have one’s needs be as important as those of other people.
- Expect that any and all disagreements will be discussed in an atmosphere of openness and mutual respect, and that it is acceptable.
- It is your responsibility to for the following while using the lounge:
- Treat the student lounge with respect as it is a shared space for all students.
- Understand that the resources available (TV, computer, printer, equipment, etc.) belong to the student community, and to therefore utilize such resources appropriately.
- Clean up after yourself before leaving the lounge.
- Be responsible for your actions in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University’s Code of Conduct.
- Student lounge use and access is a privilege. It may be revoked at any time for violating stated policies as well as general misconduct.
Johns Hopkins University has undertaken a mission to enhance sustainability campus wide. The Department is requesting each student, faculty, and staff to claim their part in the mission and please be reminded to be considerate and find new ways to strive towards sustainability.
- Only print what is absolutely necessary.
- At the end of the day make sure to turn the computer on power save mode or shut it down completely.
To learn more contact the WSE Green Committee Team Leader Janel Johnson.