Autonomy OWL Lab Seeks PhD Candidates with Interests in Space Systems, Smart Cities, Space Habitation, Critical Infrastructure, or Space Systems Cybersecurity
Interested in doing a PhD on Space Systems, Smart Cities, Space Habitation, Critical Infrastructure, or Space Systems Cybersecurity? Consider applying for a PhD in the Department of Civil and Systems Engineering and joining the Autonomy OWL lab!
All OWL PhD students will have an office at our new lab space at the Institute for Assured Autonomy and benefit from exposure to both the Whiting School of Engineering and the Applied Physics Laboratory. They will also be fully funded for the duration of their PhD studies.
Our lab is highly interactive and has close ties to industry, the startup ecosystem and government sponsors making for a vibrant environment to conduct field-defining research.
We encourage applicants that have two or more of the following:
- Prior industry experience;
- Some research background, exposure/interest;
- Interest in using AI or investigating questions of AI assurance/trust/security/safety;
- Ambitions of starting companies or entrepreneurial tendencies;
- A really hard systems problem that needs solving.
A technical educational background is strongly encouraged.
Contact [email protected] for more information.