Selected Scientific and Popular Media Coverage
- Blood sugar crash,
Technology Review, July 22, 2014.
- Lights and Lasers Invade the Clinic: A wide variety of optical techniques are slowly making their way into noninvasive medical diagnostics,
Chemical & Engineering News, January 2, 2012.
- New Method to Test Breast Lesions Could Better Detect Cancer, Save Money by Reducing Repeat Biopsies,
American Association for Cancer Research, May 31, 2013.
- Raman Saving Lives – Algorithmic Raman: Improved breast diagnostics,
spectroscopyNOW.com, June 1, 2013.
- Raman spectroscopy algorithm could better detect breast cancer
BioOptics World, June 6, 2013.
- Diffuse reflectance spectroscopy to detect microcalcified breast cancer lesions,
Nature SciBX 6(3); doi:10.1038/scibx.2013.76, January 24, 2013.
- Improving the accuracy of cancer diagnoses,
MIT News, January 2, 2013.
- Deposit detection: Spectroscopy against breast cancer,
spectroscopyNOW.com, January 7, 2013.
- A Física em favor da vida (Physics for life),
Gazeta de São João del Rei, March 23, 2013.
- Confocal Raman probe improves diagnosis of bladder cancer,
Optics.org, October 19, 2012.
- Aligning scattered light for pain-free diagnostics
Physics Today, October 27, 2011.
- For diabetics, spectroscopy may replace painful pinpricks,
AIP Physics News Highlights, October 24, 2011.
- The Quest for a Painless Way to Check Blood Sugar,
MyHealthNewsDaily, January 31, 2011.
- Diabetes breakthroughs, “Say Ahh“,
Live Well HD, ABC Network, November 2010.
- Grâce aux infrarouges, le contrôle du diabète devient enfin indolore,
Science & Vie, October 2010.
- Keeping tabs on glucose,
Technology Review, September/October 2010.
- Researchers Beaming at Light’s Medical Uses,
Wall Street Journal, August 31, 2010.
- Device uses light to measure blood sugar levels,
The Engineer (UK), August 16, 2010.
- Big I, Live Interview with Ali Velshi,
CNN Newsroom, August 12, 2010.
- Shining a light on diabetes,
Physics World, August 18, 2010.
- Shining a light — literally — on diabetes,
MIT News, August 9, 2010.
- MIT’s new glucose meter checks blood sugar levels with painless infrared light,
PopSci Magazine, August 11, 2010.
- MIT diabetes device monitors glucose with light,
CNET News, August 10, 2010.
- Needle-free diabetes testing,
spectroscopyNow.com, September 1, 2010.
- Light technology for diabetes could mean end of blood tests,
Diabetes.co.uk, August 11, 2010.
- Sweet news for diabetics: No more finger-pricks,
Indian Express, August 15, 2010.
- Freedom from jab & ouch,
Calcutta Telegraph, August 10, 2010.
- Kolkata boy makes sure diabetes will not prick,
Mid-Day (Mumbai, India), August 29, 2010.