Nominees for the 2018 WSE Staff Recognition Awards
The Whiting School of Engineering’s annual Staff Recognition Awards provide all of us with an opportunity to recognize the hardworking and talented staff who advance WSE’s mission, who demonstrate superior leadership, and who motivate and inspire those around them.
Award winners and nominees will be recognized at the 2019 Staff Recognition Awards Luncheon, to be held on Monday, April 8, from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Glass Pavilion.
Submit Your Nomination!
Nominees must be employed in the Whiting School for a minimum of one year (except for the Rookie Award), be in good standing at the university, and have a satisfactory job performance.
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement or innovation and contribute to their departmental/center/institute, WSE, or JHU, beyond the scope of their position.
- Contribute to exceptional productivity or major process improvements.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members of the university community.
- Motivate and inspire the people around them.
- Show outstanding leadership, professionalism, and/or initiative.
- Rookie of the Year (employed between 01/01/2018 and 12/31/2018, one award)
- Excellence Awards (three awards)
- Nominations will be accepted through Friday, March 22, 2019.
- Nominations should be submitted using this form.
- Each nomination must consist of a nominator’s letter addressing the above criteria.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Selection Committee, consisting of staff from WSE departments and areas and at least one member who is external to the School. WSE Human Resources will oversee the process, but will not contribute to the committee’s decisions.
Recipients will receive a $500 award, certificate and gift at the Staff Recognition Luncheon.
Award winners from 2016, 2017, and 2018 are not eligible for nomination in 2019.
Excluded staff include:
- Rookie of the Year: Dana Walter-Shock, Sr. Academic Program Coordinator for ECE
- Excellence: Thomas Benassi, Laboratory Manager for MechE
- Excellence: Alecia Flynn, Academic Program Coordinator for ICM
- Excellence: Cynthia Larichiuta, Program Coordinator for the Machine Shop
- Rookie of the Year: Shawna O’Brien, Administrative Coordinator for MechE
- Excellence: Elizabeth Bieluczyk, Senior Administrative Coordinator for HEMI
- Excellence: Cathy Jancuk, Undergraduate Program Manager for BME
- Excellence: Javonnia Thomas, Senior Financial Analyst for CS
- Rookie of the Year: Rachael Workman, Research Technologist for BME
- Excellence: Michael Bernard, Academic Program Manager for MechE
- Excellence: Lorrie Dodd, Administrative Manager for LCSR
- Excellence: Jessica Ader, Modern Media Coordinator for MechE, Civil Engineering, and HEMI