The department offers a number of study programs that draw on various disciplines and approaches.
Research areas include:
- Pollutant fate and transport
- Water resources engineering
- Environmental chemistry
- Drinking water and wastewater treatment
- Environmental microbiology
- Ecosystem dynamics
- The interplay between technology, society, and environmental changes
Because of this diversity of interests and association with other Hopkins departments, DoGEE offers a broad range of graduate programs and provides unique opportunities for advanced education and research, as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.