The links on this page will help you learn about academic opportunities, policies and procedures at Hopkins and help you to register for your first-semester classes. Please review the information and follow all directions carefully. Our goal is to make this process easy and convenient for you, so we’ve tried to give you what you need and not a lot of excess. In other words, if it’s here, it’s important!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 516-7395.
- Freshman Academic Guide (Hard copy will be mailed to you in early June.)
The essentials of academic advising, Advanced Placement, GCE and IB exam information, degree requirements….all the nitty-gritty plus a 2014-2015 monthly calendar with important deadlines and dates.
- Engineering 101 (Hard copy will be mailed to you in early June.)
This is an introduction to the engineering programs at Hopkins. It provides recommended course schedules for your first two semesters, and is designed to be used in tandem with the Freshman Academic Guide. You can also learn about the many student groups available to enhance your academic experience in engineering.
- Advising Profile
The Advising Profile is available for completion via the New Student Portal. Login to my.jhu.edu and see item #5 on the To Do List. The deadline for completion is June 20, 2014.
- Spatial Assessment
The Spatial Assessment is available for completion via the New Student Portal. Please see the invitation letter here. Login to my.jhu.edu and see item #7 on the To Do List. The deadline for completion is June 20, 2014.
- Credit Evaluation Process
If you have taken college courses at another institution and would like to have them evaluated for possible transfer credits, please follow these directions:
- Send/email an official course description and/or syllabus from the institution to your academic advisor. If your last name starts with A-L, contact Ms. Denise Shipley at email@example.com. If your last name starts with M-Z, contact Ms. Linda Moulton at firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete syllabus with topical breakdown is required for all math and chemistry courses. Full syllabi are encouraged for all courses. Make sure to include:
- Your name and Hopkins ID
- The name of the institution
- The course number and name at the institution
- The course credits assigned by the institution
- Whether the institution is on a semester or quarter system
- Send an official transcript to:
Johns Hopkins University
Engineering Advising Office
103 Shaffer Hall
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218-2681
If you submit all of the required materials by September 19, your advisor will contact you via email by November 7 regarding the transferability of your course(s).