Seth Guikema, an associate professor in the Department of Geography and Environmental Engineering, has been named the Carol Linde Croft Faculty Scholar. This named award is given to a senior associate or associate professor to recognize accomplishment and to promote professional development. Seth’s work focuses on problems of urban and infrastructure resilience and sustainability in […]
Dept Of Geography Environmental Engrg
Ames Hall 205
3400 N Charles St
WSE In The News 1/2/15: Baltimore vulnerable to severe, weather-related power problems, DoGEE’s Seth Guikema, CBS Baltimore
WSE In The News 1/1/15: Study: Climate change raises risks of power outages, DoGEE’s Seth Guikema in the Baltimore Sun
WSE In The News 12/16/14: Lights out, New York? DoGEE’s Seth Guikema, NBC News
WSE In The News 1/31/14: Researchers Work on Building a Model of Calamity, DOGEE’s Seth Guikema, Baltimore Sun
The National Science Foundation has awarded Seth Guikema, an assistant professor of geography and environmental engineering at Johns Hopkins University’s Whiting School of Engineering, a $3 million grant to build a program that will determine the effect of repeated hurricanes and heat waves on the Mid-Atlantic region and suggest ways to improve the region’s ability to withstand them.
- Ph.D. 2003, Stanford University
- M.S. 1999, Stanford University
- Other Master's Degree (Masters of Engineering by Thesis) 1999, University of Canterbury
- B.S. 1997, Cornell University
- 2015: Carol Linde Croft Faculty Scholar
- Pita, G., Francis, R., Liu, Z., Mitrani-Reiser, J., Guikema, S., Pinelli, J. (2011). Statistical Tools for Populating/Predicting Input Data of Risk Analysis Models. Reston, VA: ASCEProceedings of the First International Symposium on Uncertainty Modeling and Analysis and Management(ICVRAM 2011), and the Fifth International Symposium on Uncertainty Modeling and Anaylsis(ISUMA); Hyattsville, Maryland, April 11 to 13, 2011| d 20110000.