For more information about WSE's international initiatives, contact Hedy Alavi
, Assistant Dean for International Programs:
The Whiting School of Engineering seeks to:
- Enhance international research.
- Provide students with experiences and international perspectives that prepare them to have a positive impact on critical global issues.
- Broaden international opportunities and partnerships in research and education for its faculty and students.
To this end, the Whiting School of Engineering has numerous active academic partnerships with peer institutions abroad that enhance collaborative research and education. These include faculty-initiated international research collaborations in engineering and science and academic programs that enhance students’ international experiences and prepares them for careers in a global environment.
Among the school’s current international collaborators are:
- Ecole Centrale Paris (France)
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne – EPFL (Switzerland)
- Friedrich-Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nurenberg (Germany)
- India Institute of Technology – Bombay (India)
- Nanjing University (China)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Pontifical Comillas University-Madrid (Spain)
- Queen’s University at Kingston (Canada)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
- Technical University of Denmark (Denmark)
- Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Israel)
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Universiteit Utrecht (The Netherlands)
- University of British Columbia (Canada)
Learn more about international opportunities for Whiting School of Engineering undergraduates, including students groups and summer travel fellowships.
Learn about Johns Hopkins Engineering Exchange Programs with partnering universities in Israel, Mumbai, Singapore, and Switzerland.
Learn about undergraduate and graduate student exchange programs through the Office of Study Abroad.